The 2014 Rocky Mountain Weavers’ Guild Fiber Arts Sale is November 13-15 at the Englewood Civic Center. Discover unique handmade gifts, clothing, jewelry and art pieces! Note that the dates are later than usual–mark your calendars so you don’t forget to come!
Check out images of our artists’ creations from last year’s sale: Fiber Arts Image Gallery for the 2013 Sale.
Sell Your Artwork at the Fiber Arts Sale!
Useful Information for Sale Participants
- Print a sale flyer to post in your favorite yarn shop, library, or craft store! (Choose a .jpg image, a .pdf file, or a reduced size .pdf file)
- Sale Committee 2014 Minutes and Members (RMWG members only)
- General Information and Standards 2014:
- What to do, where to go, how to drop off items, how to collect unsold things after it’s over. Specific instructions on filling out inventory sheets – this is how we keep track of what you’ve submitted and what you’ve sold, and therefore, how much money you get. The General Information and Standards also define what will be accepted for the sale, and provide guidelines for quality. Don’t panic! We accept a wide range of techniques, and the quality is expected to look professional, but not magic.
- Federal Trade Commission Requirements for Labeling 2014 (Be sure to read these before labeling and tagging your sale items!)
- Experiments with Labels, by Margaret Jaeger, with Cherie Pitman (printing labels on an ink jet printer, originally published in the Mid-Summer 2014 Shuttle Scuttle)
- Inventory Management
- Inventory Sheets for 2014 (.xlsx format) This is for people who are using Excel 2007 or later.
- Inventory Sheets for 2014 (.xls format) This is for people who are using Excel 97-2003 or who aren’t sure what they’re using. (Ask if you aren’t sure.)
- Inventory Sheets for 2014 (.pdf format) Note: This is for people who do not have Excel installed on their computer, but do have a program that will read .pdf files. If you have Adobe Reader (free download from http://get.adobe.com/reader/) on your computer, you should be able to print this file, but you won’t be able to fill it out on line and then print the filled-out form. You’ll need to print the blank form and fill it out by hand.
- You can
- Print the inventory sheets out (print only as many pages as you need), fill them out by hand, and turn them in with your items; or
- Download the pages you need, fill them out electronically, and turn them in on a CD or flash drive (labeled with your name).
- Note: If you have more than 3 pages of inventory, we ask that you submit them electronically to save the inventory crew the agony of entering all of your items at check in.
- Make an extra paper copy of your inventory to keep for yourself!
- If your inventory value is over $600, please fill out and bring an IRS W-9 form.
- Hang Tags: The tags used to label your sale items can’t be downloaded. They will be available at the September and October meetings or before. If you absolutely can’t attend a meeting, contact the Sales Committee and we’ll mail some out to you. We do request that you reimburse the Guild for the postage.
- Pantone Fashion Color Report
- How to make selling fun!
- General Pre-check and Check-In Procedures, revised 9-2013
- Customer Service & Greeter Instructions, revised 9-2013
- Check Out Procedures, revised 9-2013
- Annual Sale Analysis (members only)
- If you have any questions, or would like to get more information about the Sale, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.