The 2016 Rocky Mountain Weavers’ Guild Fiber Arts Sale is October 6-8 at the Englewood Civic Center. Discover unique handmade gifts, clothing, jewelry and art pieces! Note that the dates are earlier than last year–mark your calendars now!
Check out images of our artists’ creations from sales in other years’ sales: Fiber Arts Image Gallery for the 2013 Sale.
Sell Your Artwork at the Fiber Arts Sale!
Useful Information for Sale Participants
- Notes from the Sale Committee, September, 2015
- Print a sale flyer to post in your favorite yarn shop, library, or craft store!
- This version is a reduced size .pdf file, but is still a very large file (9 MB) that may take a while to view or download. Open the image, right click on it, and click on “save image as”, saving it to a location where you can find it again on your computer.
- This version is a smaller (1012 KB) .jpg file, and should be faster to view or download. Open the image, right click on it, and click on “save image as”, saving it to a location where you can find it again on your computer. If you then open it with a photo or graphics editor like Photoshop Elements, you may need to adjust the size to fit to an 8 1/2″ x 11″ page before you print it.
- 2017 Sale Committee Members (RMWG members only)
- General Information and Standards 2016:
- What to do, where to go, how to drop off items, how to collect unsold things after it’s over. Specific instructions on filling out inventory sheets – this is how we keep track of what you’ve submitted and what you’ve sold, and therefore, how much money you get. The General Information and Standards also define what will be accepted for the sale, and provide guidelines for quality. Don’t panic! We accept a wide range of techniques, and the quality is expected to look professional, but not magic.
- Federal Trade Commission Requirements for Labeling 2014 (Be sure to read these before labeling and tagging your sale items!)
- Experiments with Labels, by Margaret Jaeger, with Cherie Pitman (printing labels on an ink jet printer, originally published in the Mid-Summer 2014 Shuttle Scuttle)
- Powerpoint file to download and use with “Experiments with Labels” above: Care labels for handmades
- Inventory Management
- Inventory Sheets (.xlsx format) This is for people who are using Excel 2007 or later.
- Inventory Sheets (.xls format) This is for people who are using Excel 97-2003 or who aren’t sure what they’re using. (Ask if you aren’t sure.)
- Inventory Sheets (.pdf format) Note: This is for people who do not have Excel installed on their computer, but do have a program that will read .pdf files. If you have Adobe Reader (free download from http://get.adobe.com/reader/) on your computer, you should be able to print this file, but you won’t be able to fill it out on line and then print the filled-out form. You’ll need to print the blank form and fill it out by hand.
- You can
- Print the inventory sheets out (print only as many pages as you need), fill them out by hand, and turn them in with your items; or
- Download the pages you need, fill them out electronically, and turn them in on a CD or flash drive (labeled with your name).
- Note: If you have more than 3 pages of inventory, we ask that you submit them electronically to save the inventory crew the agony of entering all of your items at check in.
- Make an extra paper copy of your inventory to keep for yourself!
- If your inventory value is over $600, please fill out and bring an IRS W-9 form, which you can obtain from the IRS website.
- Hang Tags: The tags used to label your sale items can’t be downloaded. They will be available at the September and October meetings or before. If you absolutely can’t attend a meeting, contact the Sales Committee and we’ll mail some out to you. We do request that you reimburse the Guild for the postage.
- Pantone Fashion Color Report
- Instructions for Working Shifts at the Sale
- How to make selling fun!
- General Pre-check and Check-In Procedures, revised 10-2016
- Customer Service & Greeter Instructions, revised 9-2013
- Check Out Procedures, revised 9-2013
- Annual Sales Analysis (members only)
- If you have any questions, or would like to get more information about the Sale, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.